Direct Support Professional /Home Health Aide / Caregiver
Posted on 11/18/2020Sunrise Community Inc. - Tampa, FL 33614
10.00 per hour Full Time
Are you passionate about helping others? Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? If you answered yes, we encourage you to join the Sunrise family!
Sunrise is one of the largest, private not-for-profit organizations in the country dedicated to serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. At Sunrise we pride ourselves in taking an individualized approach in addressing the unique needs of each person seeking or receiving services. As an employer, we seek to provide an environment of growth and development for our employees that is consistent with recognizing the rights, needs, and wants of all people.
To provide support, assistance, and supervision to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enable them to live valued lives in the community.
- Identifies and reports any suspected abuse or violations of an individual’s rights
- Provides support, assistance, and supervision to meet the needs and goals of the individuals according to their plans
- Ensures that each individual’s training, behavior and support programs are being implemented and documented in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Ensures that the health, safety, and well-being of the individuals are protected at all times
- Provides a positive, reinforcing environment that promotes independence and choice
- Follows positioning schedules, uses the proper equipment and assistive devices per plan
- Provides the necessary level of assistance for appropriate diet, texture, and equipment
- Ensures all homes, outside areas and vehicles are well maintained and organized
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Salary: Ranges from $10.00 to $12.00 per hour
- Must successfully complete the required pre-employment Background and Drug Screenings
- Must possess a valid Driver's License which meets company standards for approved driver status
- Must possess basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent if required by work location
- Minimum one year of experience working in the human service field if required by work location
Please login to apply for this job.