Information Technology Specialist
Published on 08/03/2022JMI Resource - Lutz, FL
$$40-60k per yearFull Time
POSITION: Information Technology Specialist
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
SALARY: $40k-$60k DOE (Full Time)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss, estimate and resolve issues using remote support tools or through on-site visits
· Prepare laptops, desktops and tablet equipment for deployment to client environments; test and recommend new software solutions
· License, install, configure and test software such as Office 365, Adobe products, QuickBooks, backup software, remote control software and more
· Administer end point hardware, network devices and software components, including Active Directory, group policy, firewalls, switches, ethernet wiring, wireless equipment, printers, scanners, kiosks, virtual desktop services, and digital signage
· Track billable time, and create documentation and knowledgebase references to share with other support personnel
· Facilitate implementation, configuration, deployment, and support of systems - including but not limited to computers, security software, user accounts, email systems, wireless networks, VoIP-based systems, and video conferencing software
· Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or higher
· Industry certifications and 2+ years of experience in information technology
· Experience servicing multiple clients, or service in large support organizations is preferred; experience using ticketing or helpdesk systems is valuable
· Preference given to candidates with the following: CASP, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, Sec+, Net+, A+, Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MTA.
· Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts
· Reliable transportation and good driving record, as you will be performing both on-site work around Tampa Bay as well as remote work for clients in Tampa and Eastern U.S.