STRENGTH and CONDITIONING / WEIGHTLIFTING COACH
Published on 03/02/2023Cambridge Christian School - Tampa, FL
Title: Strength and Conditioning Coach
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Work Year: 12 months
The Strength and Conditioning Coach is considered to part of the athletic staff and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a strength and conditioning programs for all sports, with the three major goals of improving athletic performance, reducing athletic injuries, and teaching lifelong fitness and movement skills. The Strength and Conditioning Coach devises training plans according to sound scientific principles, supervises training sessions, evaluates athletes, maintains athlete records, and teaches strength and conditioning classes as needed. The Strength and Conditioning Coach meets regularly with sport coaches to determine what the athletes need to work on. If working with an injured athlete engaged in rehabilitation, the Strength and Conditioning Coach will consult with the sports medicine or athletic training staff. The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for maintaining the strength and conditioning facility, and for establishing policies, plans, and procedures for the safe and professional operation of the facility.
• Seek to role model in attitude, speech, and action a consistent daily walk with Jesus
• Motivate others to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith.
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, staff and
• Lead others to a realization of their worth in Christ and cultivate their growth in Christlike character.
• Subscribe to and promote the statement of faith.
• All staff are ministers of Christ.
1. Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in‐season, off‐season, and pre‐season for all school‐sanctioned male and female athletic programs in a manner that reflects research‐driven practices and our country's Long‐Term Athletic/Fitness Development
2. Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
3. Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and the strength and conditioning staff.
4. Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in
accordance with the NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards Guidelines.
5. Develop systems for tracking athlete attendance and athlete progress in conjunction with the
6. Conduct an annual needs‐analysis for each sport team in conjunction with the sport coach and the team’s athletic trainer at the conclusion of each sport season.
7. Annually conduct and review a departmental risk management plan.
8. Complete an annual budgetary proposal for the program that includes routine maintenance
purchase of new equipment and staffing needs.
9. Determine and reinforce expectations for athlete conduct that mirror the school’s expectations for curricular and extra‐curricular activities, as stated in the school’s Student Code of Conduct.
10. Conduct an annual evaluation of departmental staff, including the design of professional
Peripheral Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design and instruct curricular strength and conditioning classes, as needed.
2. Coordinate a co‐curricular novice level program exposure for grades 6 – 8 that serves as a
strength and conditioning introduction.
3.Supervise and coordinate the strength and conditioning club, which serves as a school to career exposure and offers a student liaison opportunity to the athlete population.
4. Other duties as assigned by the AD, including the creation of a Weightlifting Team to participate in FHSAA, assisting with game management etc.
Safety and Health Requirements
1. Know how to operate strength training equipment, automated external defibrillator
(AED), and sports aid equipment.
2. Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external
defibrillation (AED) certifications.
3. Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
4. Knowledge of current NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards and
- Strong commitment to the mission of CCS as well as the athletic philosophy of CCS
- Effective Christ-like leader in all areas of life
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of coaching students in a school setting
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- BS in Kinesiology or related field is preferred.
- A current relevant professional certification credentialed by an independent accreditation agency i.e.: NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®) certification, Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillation (AED) certifications.
About Cambridge Christian School
In 1964, Seminole Presbyterian Church established Seminole Presbyterian School as a beacon in the Tampa community for Christian Education. Today, Cambridge Christian School is an independent Christian School that has become the premier Christian School in the greater Tampa area.
From its early foundation, Cambridge Christian School sought to reach the community for Christ through the avenue of education. As an evangelistic school, Cambridge seeks to raise up future leaders who academically, socially, and spiritually can serve the local and global community for Christ. Cambridge is unapologetic in our belief that the use of Biblical training is essential in developing students who will reach the highest level of professionalism in their local communities. Cambridge was founded to develop individuals that will change the world, and today we have over 800 alumni who are doing just that.
Cambridge is focused on providing our families with a rigorous educational experience that also allows the student to grow their talents in the arts and athletics. Serving students from three months through twelfth grade allows Cambridge to partner with families, literally from the cradle to diploma. When you partner with Cambridge Christian School, you will experience a nationally accredited education that exists to educate the whole child.
You ask, what is Cambridge Christian School all about? We are all about serving Christ through excellence; excellence at every level. When you attend Cambridge, it is a full family experience, a legacy spanning generations of Lancers, and it will transform the way you think about education. There is nothing like CCS in the Tampa community. We invite you to come and take a priority tour, and see for yourself what a difference a Cambridge Christian education can mean for your family.
Location6101 N Habana Avbe, Tampa, FL 33614