Published on 02/24/2023Desert Vineyard Church - Lancaster, CA
$95,000 per yearFull TimeFully on-site
The Desert Vineyard is an established church of 40+ years belonging to Vineyard USA, with a weekly attendance of 600 to 700. Our congregation has an unusually broad ethnic and economic diversity. The church has a long history of ministry to the poor in the local area. Our primary focus is preaching the gospel of Jesus in a welcoming environment intending to be accessible for all, but particularly the unchurched and non-believers.
We have a passion to gather searching hearts into the saving embrace of God’s love in Jesus Christ. We have a desire to grow as people in the truth and transforming power of the gospel.We have a need to give ourselves to our families, our church, our community, and our world in a way that honors and exalts Jesus Christ. We believe these three purposes are an accurate reflection of God’s desire to fulfill His great commandment and great commission in our midst.
We are seeking a lead pastor to support and advance the Holy Spirit-led and empowered mission of reconciling people to God, impacting our community with the love of God in Christ and begin to gain back some ground lost during the past few years.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a clear sense of call from God to pastoral ministry, demonstrated preaching experience, and a strong belief and acceptance of the Vineyard statement of faith. Desired qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Highly relational interpersonal skills, able to support and engage people with wisdom, grace, kindness, compassion, and expressing truth in love, with humility.
- Strong pastoral gifting including the following qualities in dealing with people: grace, compassion, humility, engagement, inclusiveness, care, love.
- Fully embrace the Desert Vineyard’s mission, values, culture, and church body.
- Experience as a Lead Pastor including Biblical teaching and preaching, leading a small team of pastors and staff, and promoting discipleship in a pastoral role.
- Be characterized by the qualifications for office stated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, and the spirit of humility and servanthood called for in passages such as Matthew 20:25- 28 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- Completed 4 years of approved Bible school/study or undergraduate degree. Prefer postgraduate theological training.
- Be or become an ordained minister, in agreement with faith and practice of Vineyard USA.