Retirement New Business Development Manager
Published on 03/08/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
YOUR IMPACT: Position Highlights
Are you a dynamic self-starter, quick thinking with a real passion for excellence and strong communication skills? We are looking for someone with retirement plan sales experience who thrives on engaging with others and successfully building relationships with Christian ministries to sell retirement plans. Your primary responsibility will be focused on churches and like-minded ministries such as mission sending organizations and Universities and Colleges. It will be important for you to be passionate about who we serve and how we can make a difference in their lives. We are a trusted Christ-centered advocate, stewarding and simplifying the retirement journey.
How you will fulfill your potential:
- Making the GuideStone difference come alive
- Building and implementing the business plan to achieve growth/new business goals for our Retirement business
- Identifying key prospects and targets and demonstrating proficiency in both the discovery process and moving through the Know, Target, Prospect, Value, Commit stages
- Identifying prospects and assisting with lead generation marketing campaigns, cold calling, emails, and RFPs
- Developing and delivering sales presentations
- Managing multiple facets of the sales process with multiple opportunities including coordinating meetings, content, follow-tasks, phone calls, proposals, presentations, commitment, and initial stages of onboarding
- Inputting accurate and timely information into CRM relative to sales process and data necessary to create realistic sales and revenue projections
- Seamlessly transition sold clients to the Relationship Manager/Client Service team
- Providing input on market trends, competitor analysis, or other business insight gathered in the field.
We’re looking for:
- 3 - 5 years of retirement plan sales or relationship management within the financial services industry
- Knowledge of retirement plan products and services, preferably within the not-for-profit retirement services market
- A competitive personality with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly establish trust and confidence
- Strong knowledge of 403(b)(9) plans required, church plan knowledge helpful
- Possess keen business insight and results-driven
- Track record of business development through new plan sales and retention
- Ability to communicate effectively: strong written and oral presentation skills
- Persuasive and compelling style with experience at conflict resolution
- Advanced ability to think analytically and act strategically
- FINRA 6 & 63 licenses
- Active participation in an evangelical church
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244